top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Space Heater is suspected as causing residential fire on Blue Spring Caverns Road

MITCHELL - MARCH 13, 2023 - Firefighters suspect a space heater is the cause of a structure fire in the 1800 block of Blue Spring Caverns Road, Monday night.



The property owner discovered the fire when she arrived home and was met with thick black smoke when she opened her door to the residence.


Firefighters from the Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department and Huron Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire about 9:30 pm.


More than 30 firefighters responded to the scene with three engines from Marion Township and a tanker from the Huron Volunteer Fire Department.



No one was injured from fighting the fire.


" We had fire showing from the back of the residence, and out of the windows," according to Caleb Lobosky, the incident commander of the Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department.



" She done a great thing by shutting the door when she discovered the fire and called the fire department," added Lobosky.


For breaking news, news and information go to lczephyr.org or like/follow the Lawrence County Zephyr Facebook page.


ADVERTISEMENT






529 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page