Oolitic To Hold Special Meeting on Preliminary Engineering Study
OOLITIC - (November 29,2021) - The Oolitic Town council will conduct a special meeting on December 7, the time to be announced later for a Preliminary Engineering Study on water and wastewater issues.
Also, during the meeting insurance will also be looked into as well as a payroll project.
In other business:
* Annette Norrick updated the council on the upcoming Holiday Event to be held on December 11, 2021 - Lawrence County Zephyr will have more details on this exciting event in a feature story.
* The new water meters have arrived, the council also voted purchase additional 250 plastic lids for a cost of $9,000. The council members got to see the new meters during the meeting Monday night
* In a 4-1 vote the council voted to take down trees around the water treatment facility. Town Council member Johnny Bob Dillion wanted the town to wait and study the issue. Dillion expressed concerns about the trees just being left without any kind of removal and being an eyesore. Christenberry's will cut down the trees for $3,800.
* Voted to sale the F-800 dump truck for a total price of $6,596.
* Discussed better ways to communicate with the public in regards to trash pick-up during the holidays.
* Passed ordinances in regards to grass, weeds, and growth on sidewalks and change ordinance for better enforcement.
* Update was given on the North School with a company in the next couple of weeks evaluating the building to shore up the structure. Esitmates for roof repairs will also be forthcoming.
* Residents expressed concerns over businesses with abandoned vehicles, and unsightly conditions.
* Approved a building permitt for a 12 X 30 home in the 300 block of Indiana Avenue