BLOOMINGTON - JANUARY 6, 2022 - Monroe Fire Protection District units responded to Wings of Love Christian Academy earlier this afternoon for a possible fire.
The call reporting the fire came in at 1:57 p.m.
All photos courtsey photos of Monroe Fire Protection District
Teachers reported smoke coming through the vents of the room and quickly evacuated all the kids to safety and called 911.
Firefighters arrived to find no fire but did find a burnt belt on a washing machine located in an adjust utility room to the classroom. The smoke from the burnt belt was sucked into the furnace and spread the smoke to other rooms through the duct work.
No injuries were reported, and the teachers and staff’s quick reaction to seeing the problem and safely evacuating the students helped keep everyone safe.
For breaking news, news and information subscribe to lczephyr.org