top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Updated: Firefighters Respond to Garage Fire on Standish Steel Road

LEESVILLE - ( March 12, 2022) - A garage was completely destroyed by fire in the 600 block of Standish Steel Road Saturday night.

The call reporting the fire came in at 7:40 p.m. with members of the Shawswick and Pleasant Run Township Fire Department alerted to the fire.

The garage was already fully involved when the first arriving units of the fire department arrived. The flames caught a near-by tree on fire, however firefighters were able to keep the blaze from spreading to a near by home.

The home was several feet away from the garage. According to Fire Chief Bobby Brown the garage was owned by Kyle Yost. " We suspect the fire may have been caused by a heat lamp, to keep a pig warm. The pig was just brought home last night, and did not make it out of the fire," said Fire Chief Brown.

A total of 11 fire apparatus responded to the fire, as well as, IU Lifeline Ambulance Service was dispatched to the scene to stand-by while firefighters worked the fire. No injuries were reported at this time. Firefighters left the scene about 10:00 p.m.

For breaking news, news and information subscribe to

Proud sponsor of the Lawrence County Zephyr

880 views0 comments


bottom of page