top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Firefighters Respond to Electrical Fire in Residence on Dixie Highway

MITCHELL - AUGUST 29, 2022 - Firefighters were called to 3000 block of Dixie Highway Monday morning for an electrical fire in a home.

The 911 call reporting the fire came in at 12:03 a.m. with the caller reporting a fire in the living room.

At the time of the call, it was not sure if everyone was out of the residence. Lawrence County Sheriff's Department arrived quickly to make sure everyone made it out of the home safely.

" There were no working smoke detectors in the home. We would like to encourage everyone to install working smoke detectors," said Marion Township Volunteer Fire Chief Paul Gillespie.

Firefighters from Marion Township arrived to find light smoke showing in the home. The fire did extend into the attic requiring firefighter to remove insulation.

Marion Township responded with two engines, and support vehicle. Shawswick firefighters arrived with two engines, and IU Lifeline Ambulance responded to stand-by at the scene and check on the occupants.

The home suffered only minor damage. Firefighters left the scene around 1:30 a.m.

For breaking news, news and information subscribe to or follow us on Facebook.

393 views0 comments


bottom of page