Crews digging to install Fiber Optic Line Causes Gas Leak on Shandell Drive Thursday afternoon
BEDFORD - FEBRUARY 24, 2023 - Crews installing Fiber Optic lines was to blame for causing a gas leak on Shandell Drive at Woodlawn Drive on Thursday afternoon.
Bedford Fire Chief John Hughes reported that fire crews stood by at the scene until the leak could be stopped.
Bedford Fire Department received the call at 2:10 pm and arrived within five minutes.
There was no evacuation needed, however Shandell Drive at Mt. Pleasant Road was closed for several minutes until crews from Center Point Energy was able to get the leak stopped.
Firefighters left the scene at 3:15 pm. No injuries were reported.
For breaking news, news and information go to lczephyr.org or like/follow Facebook.