top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Coal Bin Catches Fire at Lehigh Plant

MITCHELL - (April 10, 2022) - Marion and Mitchell Volunteer Fire Departments were called for a possible garage fire at 180 Meridian Road at 8:52pm on April 9th.



Upon arrival crews found a bin containing coal that had spontaneously combusted. The structure was an open air concrete, wood and plastic shelter to store the coal for operations at the plant. Crews extinguished the fire on the wooden frame and plastic and had to remove 1 support board from the structure.


Lehigh personnel brought a loader in to cycle the coal in place. Crews remained on scene until 10:04 pm. No injuries were reported, minimal damage caused to the structure.


For breaking news, news and information subscribe to lczephyr.org of follow us on Facebook.


Advertisement


337 views0 comments

Comentarios


bottom of page