• Bill Raines

Bedford Firefighters Respond to Duplex Fire on T Street

BEDFORD - MAY 12, 2022 - Bedford firefighters responded to a duplex fire in the 1100 Block of T Street Thursday night. The alarm came in at 9:45 p.m.


Bedford firefighters responded to a fire in a duplex in the 1100 block of T Street


Firefighters arrived to find smoke billowing out of one of the apartments. No one was home at the time of the fire.


The occupant of one of the duplexes lost two pets, a dog and cat. " I am just really upset that we lost both of our pets," said Rosanna McCart. McCart said she lived at the location for several years now.


The fire is believed to have started in a lamp and caught the table on fire. There were no injuries reported due to the fire.


A lamp is suspected as causing the fire


Bedford Fire Department, Bedford Police Department, and IU Health Ambulance Service responded to the fire. Firefighters were still on the scene as of 10:45 p.m.


Video submitted by Lawrence County Bad Penny


For breaking news, news and information subscribe to lczephyr.org of follow us on Facebook.

ADVERTISEMENT



666 views0 comments