top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Two men suffers minor burns from garage fire on East Oolitic Road Tuesday night

EAST OOLITIC - SEPTEMBER 26, 2023 - Two men suffered minor burns during a garage fire Tuesday night on East Oolitic Road.


One man was treated at the scene by Lawrence County Fire Territory Ambulance personnel but refused to be transported to the hospital.



According to Shawswick Fire Chief Bobby Brown the two men was working on a fuel pump of a vehicle. One of the men tried to activate the fuel pump by crossing it and the spark ignited the fire.



Firefighters from Shawswick, Oolitic and Marshall Township was alerted to the fire at 8:30 pm Tuesday night to the 700 block of East Oolitic Road.


Photo: Provided by Ooltic Volunteer Fire Department photographer Paul Fields


Firefighters from Oolitic Volunteer Fire Department was the first to arrive on the scene to find the garage fully involved in fire.


The firefighters first protected a near by home from catching on fire. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within an hour.


Photo: Taken by Oolitic Volunteer Fire Department photographer Paul Fields


Oolitic Marshal's Office assisted fire crews in traffic control at the scene. East Oolitic Road remained closed for over an hour half while fire crews fought the fire.


For breaking news, news and information go to lczephyr.org or like/follow the Lawrence County Zephyr Facebook page.


ADVERTISEMENT













1,690 views0 comments

Comentários


bottom of page