top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Residents are reminded to always have a fire extinguisher and smoke detector following kitchen fire

HELTONVILLE - JULY 17, 2023 - The Pleasant Run Township Volunteer Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in the 300 block of Sipes Branch Road on Saturday afternoon.


The Pleasant Run Township was dispatched to the fire at approximately 4:36 pm to a working kitchen stove fire.


The homeowner was having trouble extinguishing the fire due to heavy grease and requested assistance.


Firefighters arrived within minutes of the call and was able to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters say flames were over 3ft on their arrival. Small fires can quickly become structure fires in a matter of minutes.


" Residents and homeowners are asked to always have a fire extinguisher in their, kitchen, garages, and other designated locations that are easy to get to and unobstructed," said Pleasant Run Fire Chief Darin Kinser.


All homes should have a working smoke detector throughout the home to alert the occupants of a fire.


ADVERTISEMENT


We match our competitors pricing with free delivery and set up


1420 L Street Bedford, Indiana


309 Indiana State Road 60 East Mitchell, IN









214 views0 comments

Comentários


bottom of page