• Bill Raines

Occupants Escape Early Morning Mobile Home Fire

BEDFORD - (January 11, 2022) - Three occupants of a mobile home escaped uninjured following an early morning fire in the 2300 block of Vinegar Hill Road, Tuesday morning.


Firefighters from Shawswick Twp., Marion Twp, Oolitic, and Pleasant Run Township responded to a mobile home fire early Tuesday morning


The fire was reported at 2:33 a.m. Tuesday morning, unsure whether anyone was still inside the mobile home.


It took firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control, a space heater is suspected as causing the fire


A space heater in a back bedroom is suspected of causing the fire, catching a mattress on fire according to Randy Sheilds who resided at the residence. Shields along with his girlfriend and small child was able to make it out.


Firefighters went inside to extinguish a fire in a back bedroom


When firefighters arrived on the scene heavy smoke was billowing out of the rear bedroom and throughout the mobile home. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

Advertisement




Firefighters from Shawswick, Marion, Oolitic and Pleasant Run Twp. Volunteer Fire Departments along with Seals Ambulance Crew responded to the fire and remained on scene until about 5:00 a.m.





387 views0 comments