top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Firefighters able to quickly get house fire under control

FAYETTEVILLE - FEBRUARY 5, 2023 - Firefighters were able to quickly get a residential fire under control Sunday morning.



The 911 call reporting the fire came in at 12:08 am reporting a residential fire in the 300 block of North Sandstone Road.


A fire started around a fireplace insert and caught some contents on fire surrounding the fireplace.



A firefighter from the Indian Creek Fire Department lived next door and was able to get most of the fire out before the fire engines arrived. All the occupants were able to get out of the home safely and no injuries were reported.


A hose line was stretched from the engine but was not needed. Firefighter used fans to remove smoke from inside of the home.


Huron Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched as automatic mutual aid but was cancelled while enroute. Personnel from the IU Lifeline Ambulance stood by at the fire scene while firefighters worked.


For breaking news, new and information go to lczephyr.org or like/follow us on Facebook.


ADVERTISEMENT




840 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page