top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Firefighter Respond to Residential Fire Wednesday Near Mitchell

MITCHELL - (February 23, 2022) -Marion and Mitchell were dispatched to a residence full of smoke at 12:04 p.m. possible from the bathroom area where the washer and dryer are located.

The residence 175 Carpenter Drive near Mitchell.

File photo

Engine 52 arrived on scene found smoke showing from the back side of the residence. Laid out one attack line to the backside of the home for fire suppression found smoke and fire showing from the electrical box on the back side of the residence, another attack line was laid into the front door to the bedroom where the fire was confined to the closet, crews were able to extinguish the fire inside with a water fire extinguisher.

Proud sponsor of the Lawrence County Zephyr

Duke Energy arrived on scene and removed the electrical box from the residence. Once electricity was disconnected crews were able to pull ceilings and insulation to ensure the fire was completely extinguished.

Proud sponsor of the Lawrence County Zephyr

Fire is still under investigation however, fire appeared to have started in the electrical box and spread into the wall of the residence. Crews remained on scene until 1:36 performing salvage and overhaul to the residence. Seals Ambulance Service also responded to the scene.

72 views0 comments


bottom of page