top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Fire officials: Check your smoke detectors now!

MITCHELL - FEBRUARY 4, 2024 - Marion Township Fire Chief Paul Gillespie wants to remind everyone to check their smoke detectors, make sure they have batteries and are working.



This morning's mobile home fire could have ended in tragedy had not Chevelle Strange woke up when she did.


" I woke up, and said Honey I think the home is on fire," said Chevelle Strange.


The Strange's went for their children and was able to escape the home through a back door.


" They had one smoke detector with it hard wired with a battery back up. The battery went dead and they disconnected the smoke detector yesterday the day before the fire," said Marion Township Fire Chief Paul Gillespie.



Photo: Marion Township VFD fire engine reminds residents " Smoke Detectors Save Lives"


Marion Township Fire Chief says Sunday mornings fire in the 1700 block Meridian Road was ruled electrical in nature undetermined after an investigation.


For breaking news and information go to lczephyr.org or like/follow the Lawrence County Zephyr Facebook page.


ADVERTISEMENTS











Free Holiness Church 11122 State Road 54 Cincinnati Indiana



200 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page