top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Fire Breaks Out at Residence on Lafayette Street in Oolitic Tuesday afternoon

OOLITIC - MAY 23, 2023 - A fire broke out on at a residence in Oolitic Tuesday afternoon. A fire that started on a back deck was quickly extinguished by the property owner with a garden hose.



The residence in 300 block Lafayette Street only had damage to the deck area of the home. Homeowners suspect citronella candles that was located on the back deck might have got to warm and started materials close by on fire.


The occupants of the home heard a loud pop and then discovered the fire.


The 911 call reporting the fire came in at 1:32 pm dispatching firefighters from the Shawswick and Oolitic Volunteer Fire Departments and IU Lifeline Ambulance service to the scene.


There were no injuries reported.


Shawswick Fire Department responded to the fire with one engine and tanker. Firefighters stretched a hose line off the truck to make sure the hot spots were taken care of. A thermal imaging camera was used to check to additional spot fires and make sure the fire did not go inside the home.


For breaking news, news and information go to lczephyr.org or like/follow the Lawrence County Zephyr Facebook page.


ADVERTISEMENT





830 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page