top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Electrical Issues Blamed For Vine Street Fire

MITCHELL - ( January 27, 2022) - According to Mitchell Assistant Fire Chief Wayne Coble electrical issues from a kitchen appliance is to blame for the Thursday afternoon fire on Vine Street.

No one was injured in the fire and 2 dogs and a cat made it out safe.

Firefighters were able to have the fire knocked down in 30 minutes with a nearby fire hydrant helping aid firefighters in getting water to the fire.

” The homeowner left an appliance on, while she went to a family members home next doo. A neighbor alerted them to a fire,“ said Coble.

Proud sponsor Lawrence County Zephyr

” It is always important not to leave appliances on while unattended,”

The home did have working smoke detectors.


The call came in at 12:27 p.m and firefighters remained on the scene until 1:55 p.m.

Mitchell firefighters were assisted by Marion Township and Seals Ambulance crew.

272 views0 comments


bottom of page