top of page
  • Writer's pictureBill Raines

Electrical Fire suspected in Mitchell House Fire Monday afternoon

MITCHELL - JUNE 26, 2023 - A Mitchell Home was damaged by fire Monday afternoon when an electrical fire from an air conditioner is suspected as causing the fire.


No one was home at the time of the fire in the 500 block of Merdian Road in Mitchell.


The residence was being rented out and Chris Webb was the property owner of the home.


File photo: For photos of today's fire go to the Lawrence County Zephyr Facebook page


Firefighters from the Mitchell and Marion Township Volunteer Fire Departments were alerted to the fire at 5:03 pm.


Mitchell Volunteer Fire Engine arriving within five minutes of the call and was able to get the fire under control quickly.


" We suspect an air conditioner on the south side of the residence, tripped a breaker and cause the fire," said Travis Gratzer, Captain Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department.


"Firefighters was able to get a quick knock down, and Marion Township crews helped make sure the fire got put out completely. We worked as team to get things taken care of quickly. We remained on the scene until about 6:45 pm,"


There were no injuries reported. The animals on the outside of the residence was not harmed by the fire.


Mitchell Police Department, Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department, Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department, IU Lifeline Ambulance and Duke Energy responded to the scene.


For breaking news, news and information go to lczephyr.org or like or follow the Lawrence County Zephyr Facebook page. Pictures of today's fire can be found on the Facebook page.


ADVERTISEMENT








323 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page