• Bill Raines

Burris Elementary School Checks Fine following Odor Investigation Friday Afternoon

MITCHELL - NOVEMBER 18, 2022 - Burris Elementary School was temporary evacuated following an odor was detected in the building.


Lawrence County Emergency Management contacted Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department of a possible gas leak around 1:25 p.m. Friday.

Mitchell and Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department respond to an odor investigation Friday afternoon at Burris Elementary school


Firefighters from Marion and Mitchell Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the scene with a gas detector and check the building for any other hazards.



" We were called to the location due to a sulfur like odor in the building. The evacuation of the building already completed by school officials. The building checked fine, and the students were allowed to return to the building, " said Mitchell Assistant Fire Chief Wayne Coble.


Mitchell City Volunteer Fire Department, Marion Township Volunteer Fire Department, Mitchell School Resource Officer Rob German, Mitchell Utilities, and Planning Department responded to the incident.


For breaking news, news and information subscribe to lczephyr.org or follow us on Facebook.


ADVERTISEMENT





475 views0 comments